GREENCLUDED: YOUR YOUTH EVENT GREENER
Erasmus+ training course
2024.01.18. – 2024.01.26.
GREENCLUDED” is a project of Csermely. The project aims to bring together
passionate young individuals from various backgrounds under a common goal: to
learn, share, and empower each other as actors for the environment. More
specifically: how can you situationally and structurally make your event greener? The
project contributes to the capacity building and learning of youth within formal and
non-formal education, aligning with the objectives of the Erasmus+ program.
Environmental problems affect each one of us, no matter where we live or which language we speak. The next generations are most impacted by the consequences of climate change. Therefore young people are concerned about our environment and engaged in our world and nature. A shift of changing attitudes towards our affection, behavior and cognition of nature and pollution is needed. How do we organize in a green way? More eco-friendly, more sustainable? How do we envision our future events?
It is crucial to recognize our role and play as an active part in resolving these challenges.This Training Course is an opportunity for active young individuals to come together, share their experience, dive into interactive activities and group work, in order to gain a better understanding of certain environmental problems and acquire practical skills and experiences to engage in green activism. The program will be rooted in non-formal educational methodology, which includes workshops, interactive games, and collaborative activities.
● To foster environmentally conscious attitudes of young people, who not only understand the urgent need to protect our planet but also actively engage in meaningful activism.
● To equip participants with the tools, knowledge, and inspiration to make a positive impact in their personal lifes, communities and beyond to be able to organize in a greener way.
● To empower participants to become vocal advocates for the environment, through collaborative workshops, insightful discussions, and hands-on activities.
● To encourage participants to establish lasting connections with like-minded peers, creating a supportive network of environmentally conscious youth.
- Knowledge about key questions, techniques, tools, trends and solutions in greening (youth) events. More broader, to know about environmental challenges facing the planet and the impact of climate change on local and global scales;
- Skills of effective communication for promoting environmental awareness, teamwork and collaboration, critical thinking and problem-solving to create eco-friendly solutions in various contexts;
- Attitudes of responsibility towards responsible consumption and productions; towards environmental protection, confidence in advocating for environmentally-friendly practices within communities, a mindset of continuous learning and curiosity about the environment.
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Financial Conditions/ Reimbursements:
We will organize the trip for you!
The course is implemented in the frame of the Erasmus+ Programme. The costs – including costs of full-board and accommodation during the program – will be covered by the organizers.
Participants are expected to cover insurance and any additional personal expenses.
If the participant fails to attend the event the organizers shall be compelled to charge him/her for any travel expenses covered by the organizers.
Participants will stay in an accommodation at Balatonszárszó, Hungary in 2-3-4-5 bedded rooms.
Each room has a private bathroom and toilet.
Bed linens are provided. Please bring your own towels.
Breakfasts, lunches, dinners per day will be provided by the organizers.
- aged 18+
- Youth workers
- able to communicate in English,
- motivated to meet people from different countries, explore topics related to the environment and engage in climate activism.
- motivated to share and enhance new approaches, insights & practices for green (youth) event organizing.
- motivation to take part in a mutual learning process in a very intercultural setting;
- sufficient level of English to follow the training and to contribute to it;
- wish and ability to participate fully in the event;
- demonstrate respect and diversity of backgrounds within the group.
– Materials for Intercultural Evening: please bring food, drinks, music, or anything you find
relevant to present your culture and/or country during the intercultural evening.
– Flyers, small information packs to represent any initiative or organization for networking.
– A method/game/tool that could be useful for greening a youth event.
– a sustainable gift of symbolic value, to give away, something homemade, organic., a little tool etc.
– Health insurance documents: the health/ travel insurance is in the responsibility of the
participants, make sure you are covered during your stay in Hungary!
– Extra warm(!!!) Clothes and shoes, layers, scarf, hat, gloves, for outdoor activities.
– towel, soap, shampoo, swimming suit for the sauna
Only selected participants will be contacted!